The Rocky Mountain bicycle warranty covers various components for specific periods, including frame members for 5 years, hardware for 1 year, paint and decals for 1 year, and electronics for 3 years, among others. Notably, the warranty provides a 2-year no-fault replacement for Rocky Mountain branded Carbon rims. However, it does not cover labor costs or shipping. The warranty extends to both personal and commercial use, but certain conditions, like unauthorized modifications or extreme riding, can void it. Additionally, Rocky Mountain offers limited warranties for different frame materials and types of use, with a transferable option for 2021 and newer models. The warranty details what is not covered, such as normal wear and tear, and outlines a crash replacement program for out-of-warranty cases. Lastly, it limits Rocky Mountain’s liability and disclaims implied warranties, capping potential damages at $50.
Your Rocky Mountain bicycle is covered by a warranty against defects in materials and manufacturing. The warranty terms are outlined in the following table:
|Frame members||5 Years||Front Triangle + rear triangle|
|Frame members||3 Years||Maiden Front Triangle + rear triangle|
|Hardware||1 Year||Pivots, Axles, etc…|
|Paint & decals||1 Year|
|Rocky Mountain branded Carbon rim||2 Years||2-year no-fault replacement warranty for free, after 2 years, it gets replaced for a fraction of the MSRP*.|
|Electronics||3 Years||Drive, iWoc, Sensors, Charger|
|Drive wear items||1 Year||Pulleys, Pinions, Transfer Chain, Bearings|
|Battery||24 Months||When the battery level falls below 5% charge, the Powerplay Drive will progressively reduce power output to maximize range. Range varies depending on several factors, such as the assist level, ambient temperature, acceleration, wind resistance, poor maintenance, battery age, hilly and rough terrain, and rider weight. If stored for 3+ months, charge the battery every 3 months. Failure to do so may cause damage. *For more detailed battery warranty information, please reference the owner’s manual.|
|Components||As per original manufacturer warranty|
All warranty and after-sale service must be handled by the Authorized Rocky Mountain Dealer who sold the complete bicycle or frame. The warranty covers your Rocky Mountain frame from the original date of purchase of your new bicycle against defects in material and workmanship, according to the frame material and the type of use made of the bicycle.
Rocky Mountain’s limited warranty also covers bicycles previously used for personal and commercial activity, such as rental (including at bike parks), courier services, police, security, etc., against defects in material and workmanship. The limited warranty applies for the remainder of the warranty period from the original date of purchase from Rocky Mountain. In such cases, hardware, bearings, pivots, and bushings are excluded from our warranty policy. The original sales receipt, bicycle registration confirmation, or other proof of purchase is required for all claims.
For 2021 bikes and newer models, the original limited warranty is transferable to second-hand owners. To apply the limited warranty, the bike must be registered online by both the original owner and the second-hand owner. The original invoice will not be required for the second-hand owner. Please register the bike to transfer the warranty at: [Link to bike registration]
FRAME MATERIAL / TYPE OF USE
- Carbon Fiber: 5 years – Limited*
- Aluminum – front & fully suspended: 5 years – Limited*
*Please refer to limitations stated below
OTHER WARRANTY COVERAGE AGAINST DEFECTS IN WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS
- Coating – paint and decals: 1 year
- Frame hardware, suspension, pivots, and bushings*: 1 year
- DH & Freeride frame hardware, pivots, and bushings: 6 months
*Links are part of the frame.
The following conditions may void the warranty:
- Installation of components, parts, or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the bicycle (or frame) as sold.
- Purchasing a Rocky Mountain Bicycle from an unauthorized dealer.
- Purchasing a Rocky Mountain Bicycle or frame from third-party internet sites (such as eBay), regardless of the listing.
- Paint fading caused by the effects of ultraviolet light (UV) or outdoor exposure.
- Damage caused to your bicycle during installation or removal of any protective film products.
- Scratches and/or chips in the paint caused by dirt, rocks, road debris, roof rack transport, etc.
- Use of components, parts, or accessories not compatible with the bicycle (or frame).
- Damage on Pressfit bottom bracket caused by improper service or materials/parts.
DETAIL OF WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Normal wear and tear on tires, tubes, brakes, gear cables, brake pads, bearings, etc.
- Consequential damage or any damage caused by accident, misuse, or abuse.
- Improper assembly and/or lack of proper maintenance, sandblasting, sanding, grinding, wire brushing, filing, welding, brazing, drilled holes, anodizing, repainting, or chrome plating.
- Riding in extreme terrain or engaging in extreme activities, as such actions may void the warranty.
- Labor for part replacement or changeover is not included.
- Rocky Mountain retains the right to repair or replace any part that is deemed a valid warranty. Please note that color matching to the original component cannot be guaranteed.
Rocky Mountain retains the right to repair or replace any part that is deemed a valid warranty. Please note that color matching to the original frame or component cannot be guaranteed. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of defective parts at the discretion of Rocky Mountain. Rocky Mountain does not provide support for non-Rocky Mountain branded products. If your product is considered Out of Warranty, a crash replacement program may be offered, providing a discount off the purchase price of a frame part. This program is only available to the original owner of the bike who needs a replacement due to a broken Rocky Mountain frame.
EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
Rocky Mountain’s warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the products and does not grant any warranty, expressed or implied, legal or conventional. Rocky Mountain disclaims any and all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purposes. Rocky Mountain shall under no circumstances be liable for direct or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, even where Rocky Mountain has been advised of such damages. Rocky Mountain’s liability is limited to $50.